About Discovery Parks and Nimbus Synergies
Discovery Parks’ mission is to see technology become the most productive, economically important and socially relevant industry in BC. We do this by investing in innovative health technology companies through our venture capital investment arm Nimbus Synergies, and by supporting early-stage technology entrepreneurs through our Generator competition and incubator program. Our office is located in Vancouver’s historic Chinatown, close to transit.
The Community & Operations Manager promotes and strengthens the Discovery Parks and Nimbus Synergies brands through the management of websites, social media, sponsorship activities and direct communication with entrepreneur tenants and industry associations. They engage the larger innovation community through the running of the Generator Competition program and attends to the maintenance and improvement of our communal physical space to create a “welcoming, inspiring and collaborative” work place. The role also includes managing the efficient operation of the Discovery Parks/Nimbus Synergies office to support both profit-driven and mission-related activities, administering any and all logistics, and providing administrative support. This role reports directly to the CEO, supports the entire team, and is primarily an on-site position. This is a full-time position, for a 12-month maternity leave coverage with the possibility of expansion beyond August 2022. The expansion would focus more on our venture capital activities. Compensation ranges between $50k-$65k commensurate with experience and extended health benefits are provided after a probationary period.
This role is for you if you:
• are a capable, organized, motivated and tech-savvy professional who is adaptable and focused
• have a genuine interest in supporting entrepreneurial success and innovation ecosystem growth
• feel comfortable preparing social media campaigns, and tending to all administrative functions
• enjoy working independently, thrive by leveraging your resourcefulness, are able to follow through the completion of tasks without being prompted and communicate professionally and pleasantly
• enjoy a work environment where activities undertaken from day-to-day or month-to-month will change, and self-motivation is key
• have excellent communication skills and are proficient in MS Office applications (especially Excel), Slack, digital marketing platforms and light HTML for website editing
• don’t mind wearing many different hats and trouble-shooting whatever comes your way
Key Tasks and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage marketing campaigns for Discovery Parks and Nimbus Synergies, including press releases and website editing
• Manage the Generator Challenge Annual Competition and the operation of the Generator Program throughout the year, identify and organizing relevant opportunities for the cohort, prepare annual report
• Event and meeting co-ordination for tenants, team and Nimbus Synergies portfolio companies
• Coordinate sponsorship activities and connect tenants with tech industry alliances/programs
• General office management including maintaining office equipment and online filing system, supervising the tenants’ kitchen, managing meeting room bookings for tenants and strategic alliances, liaising with internet/telephone provider, landlord and technicians, mail distribution, etc…
• Prepare Board meeting packages and maintain records of Committee and Board meetings, schedule committee and Board meetings
• Provide administrative support to the team as needed – special projects, Nimbus Synergies, managing CEO’s schedule and contacts database, support other team members and provide vacation coverage when needed
• Support financial controller with light bookkeeping – invoice tracking/payment tracking and rent collection, budget preparation, support Nimbus team with venture capital administration
If this role interests you, please apply to email@example.com with your cover letter explaining what about the role interests you and your resume attached. We thank everyone for applying however, only those qualified and shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.